EVERYTHING FREE COOKIES
• 3 cups oat flour (old-fashioned oats blended to a flour - use gluten free oats if you're needing to make this GF)
• 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or other powdered sweetener of your choice)
• 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (can replace with honey, pure maple syrup, or agave)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I love Enjoy Life Brand)
• 1/2 cup dried berries (dried cherries, raisins, blueberries, etc)
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
2 Add the oat flour, baking soda, and salt to a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine.
3 Add the applesauce and stevia to a larger bowl and beat on high with a mixer until light and creamy, 3-5 minutes.
4 Add the brown rice syrup and vanilla extract. Beat on medium high speed until thoroughly mixed, 1-2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the dry ingredients, mixing until the dough is just combined. Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes before placing on cookie sheets.
5 Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Stir in the dairy-free chocolate chips and dried berries.
6 Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. You can leave them as they are or flatten them slightly, just note that they will not spread while baking, so they will stay in the shape you leave them.
7 Bake until the edges are golden, 11-13 minutes. Remove the trays from the oven and let the cookies cool on the trays for 2 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free, & sugar-free
Adapted from Homemade with Love Cookbook